Established September 2000
The museum opened in September 2000 as a millennium project for Chobham village, to provide a focus for the community.
The museum founders set out the following aims:
Chobham Museum Aims
- To provide a focus for the community which reflects the past, present and future of Chobham and the surrounding area.
- To establish, and provide access to, a collection of items, artefacts, documents etc. which reflect the above aims, and to provide a convenient location for the secure display and storage of such items.
- To provide opportunities for the advancement of public education and interest in Chobham and the surrounding area.
- To arrange, from time to time, displays / exhibitions / activities which focus on a specific aspect(s) of local interest.
- To promote, encourage or undertake research and disseminate the results of such research.
- To raise funds, invite and receive contributions by way of subscription or donation, and to accept any gifts of items, artefacts, documents or property which serve the aims of the museum.
- To liaise and co-operate with other bodies having similar aims and objectives.
- To encourage local participation in the establishment, provisioning and running of the museum.
- To be a non-profit-making organisation with charitable status.
We would be very pleased to hear from anyone who can offer Museum Minders (To mind the museum for two hours every 4 to six weeks).
To assist with setting up exhibitions (D.I.Y. Art Skills, Display).
Loans or donations (Photographs, Artefacts, Personal memories about events or life in Chobham as it was).
If you would like to help in any of these ways, please contact the chairman.